Monday, June 6, 2011

Oh, Mexico!

For Christmas, my in-laws Kim and Andy gave us a trip this May to Cabo San Lucas in Mexico. This is us in Vegas walking from the car to the airport.  Yes, my bag is the big one that Michael is pulling.

We ate at this place off the beach called The Office.  Dang good fajitas! The REAL deal.
 This was the main room.  I guess I didn't get great pictures of the rooms, but I swear it was three times the size of our apartment we live in.  It was awesome!
This was our view from the balcony (which had a hot tub.)
 Everywhere you go on the resort requires you to get on these little carts because it's steep and a huge resort.  Michael's brothers Steve and Kyle aren't in this picture, but we'd all shove on these benches and speed around the corners.  It was pretty dang exciting!
I do not know what is going on with my face here, but this is us on the balcony of our room.
This is the top half of the resort.  We're on the right from the big tower, six stories up.
Shopping.  I found some great dresses for the girls and a soccer shirt for Aden.
We did a lot of this....
 and this.....
and this......
My awesome in-laws that made all this happen.
We went kayaking one day to the tip of the peninsula.  Andy and Kim flipped over at the beach.  Michael and I tipped in the middle of the bay, which FREAKED me out!  Tyler came rowing by and said, "Watch out for man eating squid."  Which apparently they have in the Sea of Cortez.  I was out of that water so stinking fast!

Attractive eh?

My cute man.


On the beach.


This is classic Andy.  He's the best FIL.
On the Pacific side of the tip of the peninsula there are strong undercurrents and a huge shelf.  You can't swim or you will die.
At the very tip of Baja there is an arch called Lovers Arch.  Every seven years you can walk to it and under it.  This was one of those years, so Michael and I had to do it!
 There were incredible views everywhere and Michael and I have relaxed like never before.  I highly recommend a week away from kids and responsibilities.  Thanks to a wonderful mom to take the kids and wonderful in-laws to take us, we were able to do it.  IT ROCKED!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Looks like a ton of fun! Hope you are all doing well.