Friday, July 9, 2010

A good day

My parents took the kids and I to This is the Place Memorial Park for Wild West Wednesday.  I live about a minute away, but had never taken the kids before.  It was a pretty great place, I had no idea. 

The kids got to hand wash clothes, it was kindof funny because they didn't think it was great at all.
Emma tried the stilts, then my dad showed her how to really do it.  Apparently when he was younger, he had a pair he played with a lot.  He was pretty good actually and the kids got a good laugh.
I really liked the petting zoo even though they lost some animals in the recent fire they had.  Aden LOVED the sheep.  It was really sweet because he just kept petting them and looking at me saying 'cute.' This picture is him trying to figure out what the heck the baby sheep is trying to do. 
Kate liked the baby goat.
My dad put Kate on one of the saddles in their collection.  Then the other two kiddos had to.

My dad and Aden relaxing toward the end.  It was a lot of walking for the kids, but they were troopers!  We did alot of stuff like touring a few houses, panning for gold, riding a few different trains, leather stamping, and a lot of walking. I would recommend a visit.
After, Emma had to show them the garden and I learned I'm under watering my plants.  I sure hope I get some veggies from my garden this year.  The bunnies have eaten a lot of my lettuce.

No comments: