Sunday, February 8, 2009

Michael's 30th and Weird Post Office Situations

We've had a lot going on lately. I took Michael to Las Vegas for his 30th where we stayed at the Excalibur. This is the only picture we took, I'm pathetic, I know. It's weird too, but here is Michael, looking all 30 and stuff. We had a good time, enjoyed having time away from our mommy and daddy jobs, and felt really bad for all the gamblers and drunks. It is definitely not our favorite place and we will probably not 'vacation' there again, but we had fun there since we live so close.
Here are my three favorite people. I asked everyone to smile and say cheese, but the kids were too busy looking at the cake waiting to eat it up.

Now about the post office. Michael has been moving forward on applying for the CHP and FBI. Well he sent a huge packet to the background investigator with ALL our information. Credit report, copies of drivers licenses, all of our SS#, etc, etc. He sent it signature required, however it was lost. He has spent the past week trying to get a hold of the right people to look for it and find why it wasn't sent and where it could possibly be, but it seems fate has another plan. After days and days of trying to get a hold of this guy (who happened to have a long weekend off, be working at different offices, his son getting in a car accident, and any other reason in the book) the guy was no help and said he will see what he can do and call the next day. No call yet. So we wait. My patience is wearing very thin. Oh and now we have our credit checked in case it was stolen. GRRRR!!!!

5 comments:

Craig and Aly said...

Happy late birthday Michael! Hope you figure everything out with the post office. Thats scary!

David and Amy said...

I would be so frustrated with the post office, that's just crazy! I love the picture of your kids distracted by the birthday cake (and who can blame them?), they are so cute.

Kim said...

Happy Bday Michael! What a pain to lose all your personal stuff..I hope it turns up soon! We missed you today at playgroup. I hope everyone is feeling well.

Tara said...

Happy 30th Mike!

That is so crappy about all your stuff...and stressful!! I hope you get information soon.

Camille said...

I am so sorry about the Post Office! Grrr is right! Happy Belated to Mike. We'd love to catch up with you guys sometime. Maybe I should take Louis to St. George for his 30th... or have you guys come up here. I'm thinking of having a big party... surprise of course, or he won't show up!