Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day 2012 at Cascade Springs

 Up the canyon in American Fork there is a really cool natural spring our friends took us to.  We had to eat before we went down to the spring.  There were 'no picnics' signs everywhere.  I guess the spring is well protected.
 The kids had a lot of energy before we started the walk so they did a lot of running around a tree.
 The lone boy.  Our friends have three girls which makes it just little man surrounded by five girls.  He does OK.
 I would highly recommend this walk.  It is beautiful and really mellow.  The drive up to it is really nice too.
 You can see the marsh in some of these pictures.  There were waterfalls and little streams everywhere which made the area very green.
 The kids had fun trying to find fish.  We saw a few.
 It was actually busy on Labor Day, which we were told it normally isn't at all. I would like to go back and get some better pictures with less people around. 

 These are our friends Joel and Shandalee.  We've known them for at least 13 years.  Joel is an old high school buddy of Michael's. BTW- He is not wearing a CTR hat.  Joel wouldn't be caught dead sporting CTR attire.
 Nice Michael face.
One of the three bridges.  The kids really liked the bridges. After we drove the back way through Midway.  I love that town.  It has a great small town vibe while not being far from Park City. Overall a really great day!  

1 comment:

Jewels said...

Cascade Springs is so beautiful! I love the pictures from the first day of school! Emma is getting seriously beautiful. Canon is so excited to celebrate her bday!