Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tagged

Ok Tara, you will have to forgive me. It's been over two months since you tagged me and I just remembered after looking at your blog today. So I'm going to spend the time to actually write out the six things about me. (I'm lucky because both Emma and Aden are napping. For now.)

Ok...

1) I'm a total neat freak. I've realized this fact even more now that I have two kids and less time than usual to do what I want. I use to enjoy sitting down and watching a movie, reading, playing the piano, or scrapbooking when I had my own time, but now I clean! I can't relax until everything is in it's place, and everything is clean. I'm self-diagnosed OCD. I blame my mother.

2) If I were to choose to do anything or go anywhere on this planet, as long as it's with Michael and the kids, I'm good. I never thought I'd be so enraptured by one person, and now I am with three. We have a trip planned to go to San Diego in a couple weeks and I can't wait because it means a whole week of Michael, Emma, Aden, and me. I'm all about the fam. I can't get enough.

3) I love to read. I'm currently reading the Anne series by LM Montgomery. It's very different than the movies (which I love!) but I'm enjoying them. I especially enjoy children's chapter books and currently, if you were to ask, I would recommend anything by Shannon Hale. She is a fellow Utahn who has won a Newbery Award for Princess Academy (read too many times to count) and every book she writes is golden. I loved Goose Girl, too! Check her out if you have the chance. My next reading endeavor is a Dungeons and Dragons series because the author is in our ward and I thought I'd broaden my horizons.

4) I'm learning to love to cook. Luckily, my husband is not picky, because I've never been especially good at it. But Michael's dad is good so I'm learning from his skills and adding to my list of favorite recipes.

5) I now like to exercise! Michael and I go to the gym almost every morning and exercise for an hour. I'm sure a lot of you are shocked at this announcement! Emma and Aden go to the child care center while we lift weights and run. If we don't go, I can tell during the day that my energy isn't the same and I'm not as happy and patient with my kids. It's become a regular thing for our family now. I want to teach my kids by example on this one.

6) Finally, I am a child's movie expert. Name a child's movie, especially a recent one, and I could act out (with voices) a whole scene for your enjoyment. Or if you wish, the whole movie. Emma runs the TV if it is ever turned on and if you ever want to know what is on PBSkids at a certain time, give me a call.

Well there are a few things about me so now I tag Tiff J and Jody. I don't know many people who blog and I don't think Tara would want to be tagged again! :)

3 comments:

Tara said...

Hurray! I'm glad you did it. It was fun to read about things I already knew and some things I didn't. That is exciting that you guys are going to San Diego, so fun!
I keep forgetting to tell you...OJ, Graham and I are coming to St. George...OJ's parents gave us all a trip to St. George at the end of March! I totally want to see you. We will be there the 24th-the 30th!

Cassie said...

Jamie, my momma just told me that you have a blog, and I'm so excited. It's just occured to me that I don't know you very well. I mean, I know you, but I don't know this you. I don't know the grown up, mommy version. So it was such a fun thing to read these things about you. AND its so funny, I JUST finished reading a whole slew of Shannon Hale books. I love them too. Maybe its because we're related... I'd never read them before, but I think my favorite was The Goose Girl with Book of a THousand Days running a second...I'm not sure though, I really liked them all very much. Give me a while and I'll recommend some others to you, but right now I've got to run to get my Visiting teaching done. Duty Calls! ANyway, I really am exicted. Later!

Jeani said...

Cute!!! I loved reading about you and seeing the pictures of your adorable kids and awesome "temple" fort. You are a cute little Mommy and I'm excited to keep up with you through your blog. Keep it up!